Ennis-Flint Flexiline Thermoplastic Symbols
Ennis-Flint Flexiline Thermoplastic Symbols are the perfect solution to permanently marking car parks, roads, cycleways, airports, docks and playgrounds etc. Quick and easy to apply, Ennis-Flint Flexiline Flexiline Thermoplastic Symbols provide all your requirements, for hard wearing, quick and easily applied surface marking solutions at any time of the year. With the performance of hot applied thermoplastic, these markings will last for years!
- Exceptionally and precision clean cut, crisp markings
- Excellent cost effectiveness
- Rapid setting time; lay on asphalt or concrete
- Non-cracking, tough thermoplastic
- Available as specialised logos and corporate images - Contact our sales team on 0113 2455450 for more information
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Ennis-Flint Flexiline Thermoplastic Symbols are the perfect solution to permanently marking car parks, roads, cycleways, airports, docks and playgrounds etc. Quick and easy to apply, Ennis-Flint Flexiline Thermoplastic Symbols provide all your requirements, for hard wearing, quick and easily applied surface marking solutions at any time of the year. With the performance of hot applied thermoplastic, these markings will last for years!
Ennis-Flint Flexiline Flexiline Thermoplastic Symbols provide exceptionally clean cut, crisp markings that can be trafficked within minutes of application. It is one of the fastest ways to permanently reinstate road markings, or produce new markings, providing excellent cost effectiveness. Ennis-Flint Flexiline Thermoplastic Symbols requires just one person and a gas torch to apply.
Features & Benefits
- Available in a wide range of colours
- Provides excellent cost effectiveness with ease of use and long-term performance
- Available as specialised logos and corporate images
- Contact our sales team on 0113 2455450 for more information
- Non cracking, tough thermoplastic
- Precision cut, clean, crisp markings
- Rapid setting time
- Material can be specially formulated for hot or cold climates
- Lay on asphalt or concrete
- Permanent, durable marking
- Wide range of markings available
- Fast, permanent application with a propane heat torch requiring only one operative
- Reflective glass beads can be applied during heating to provide initial retroreflectivity
- Road marking reinstatement
- Car parks
- Corporate logos
- Footpaths / cycleways
First-time applicators should contact Ennis-Flint for product support and on-site training - contact our technical team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
- Flint 2000 EX®, or equivalent propane fuelled torch with pressure regulator
- Powered Blower or Broom
- Primer (if required)
- Paint roller (for primer applications only)
- Utility Knife or Metal Spatula
- Adequate Supply of Propane
- Water sprayer (optional)
- Recommended drop-on material (if needed)
When storing or transporting the preformed road markings, it is essential to ensure the following:
- All markings must be carefully stacked upright and with no heavy objects placed on top
- Store at temperatures above 5°C and keep dry
- Markings must be handled with care and must not be dropped
Flexiline® is less flexible in cold weather and we recommend:
- Special care is taken when handling at temperatures below 12°c
- Always pre-warm markings before removing from the packages
- Correct handling procedure and pre-warming will allow Flexiline® to remain flexible and will prevent cracking when unrolling the lines
- Do not drop and handle with due care
- Store in a warm place before handling
- Rough handling will lead to material damage
- Correct handling procedure and pre-warming will allow Flexiline® to remain flexible and will prevent cracking when being rolled out
For application on various surfaces, note the following information:
- Flexiline® can be laid on existing thermoplastic markings provided all loose material and dust have been removed. Do not install Flexiline® on top of existing paint or tape markings
- Flexiline® is not suitable for use on block paving as there is a strong likelihood of failure/ cracking at the block interfaces
- Flexiline® should not be used on wooden or metal substrates
We do not advise application of Flexiline® onto new asphalt until the surface has settled for at least 6-8 weeks.
Instructions For Application
- Position warning signs and cones if necessary and ensure all vehicles are removed from the working area.
- The surface of the road must be dry, clean and in good condition. If in doubt always apply a test patch. If there is any water, sweep this away from the application area.
- When laying on concrete, old bitumen, polished asphalt and previously dirty surfaces that have been thoroughly swept a suitable primer must be used. Follow the manufacturer's instructions when applying the primer.
- Set the correct gas pressure on the regulator, ignite and turn torch valve to adjust the flame.
- Dry the surface thoroughly.
- Place the marking(s) into position and ensure the edges are butt jointed correctly and in alignment. Remove the backing film.
- Position the nozzle of the blowtorch approximately 150mm above the centre of the marking at one end. With a side to side motion, heat the material gently until molten and it begins to bubble slightly and flow into the surface. After bonding check to ensure that the marking has fully bonded to the surface using a metal spatula or knife to try and lift the edges.
- Care must be taken with the speed of melting. Gentle controlled heating to avoid burning or excessive bubbling. Do not lower the torch below the specified heating distance.
- Repeat the procedure for the rest of the markings until the installation is complete.
- If the marking is multi-layered, apply the base layer first and allow to cool. Positioning the second layer and repeating the fixing process.
- For initial retro-reflectivity, apply drop-on glass beads once the line has fully bonded to the surface and the marking is still molten.
- Allow the material to cool before removing cones. If fast cooling is required, water may be sprayed over the marking(s).
- Where the condition of the surface is in doubt we suggest that the test patch is carried out before completing the rest of the work.
- Slight discolouration may take place during heating and this is quite normal. The colour will return to normal when cooled.
- Any overheating that causes browning will disappear shortly after being trafficked.
- All butt joints should be fused together during bonding.
- Incorrect bonding will ultimately result in the marking breaking up.
- This product has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture if stored in accordance with above instructions.
- More application instructions can be found on the Flexiline Brochure
- If the surface you are applying to is concrete based an additional adhesive will be required in the form of a tack coat - Ennis-Flint CP Primer
- This thermoplastic road marking is applied by using a professional blow torch lance including regulator - Ennis-Flint Gas Torch
- For optional retro-reflectivity, Ennis-Flint Reflective Glass Beads are available which are applied to the line during heating.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!