Britannia Decatone Tarmac Binder is a solvent-based, strong, flexible coating that binds with the top surface of tennis courts to increase durability. Internal and external use Single pack Strengthens aged tarmac Binds the top surface of concrete For old/new Macadam tennis courts Because this binder does NOT have a non-slip finish, it...
Britannia Line Marking Paint
Britannia Line Marking Paint is a water-based acrylic coating for long lasting outdoor sports surface marking.
Available in thick brush-quality grade or for spray/roller application.
- Features & Benefits
- Spreading Rate
- Drying Times
- Shelf Life & Storage
- Water based
- Slip resistant properties
- Deep penetration for long life
- Available in thick brush-quality grade or for spray/roller application
- Suitable for lining of sports surfaces
- One pack product
- For outdoor use
- For use on concrete, bitumen and macadam
These will vary depending on substrate, the site conditions and longevity required.
Typically spreading rates will vary depending on the end use.
- As a guide the coverage is between 35-70 linear metres per litre, at 50mm width, dependent on substrate, texture and porosity of the surface
- Typically a tennis court will use a maximum of 5 litres
- Surface dry in 1–2 hours, re-coatable when dry
- Avoid painting when rain is expected or under poor drying conditions – below 5°C
- All surfaces should be free from loose and flaking material, dirt, grease and vegetative growth
- Any debris should be removed by vacuum or pressure blasting with air or water
- Brushing (manual or machine) may be suitable in particularly difficult areas, i.e: under trees or areas constantly in the shade
- Decatone Tarmac Binder should be used to stabilise a friable, porous or aged concrete court or fretting macadam
- Stir well before use
- Please follow the Coverage rates shown in Spreading Rate Section.
- By brush or special spray/roller machines (thinning up to 10% may be required)
- Surfaces that are cold – below 5°C – are not suitable for coating
- Hot surfaces – above 30°C – should be cooled with water spray before application, otherwise paint will dry before film formation is completed
- New bitumen should be left to harden off before coating
- The time will vary with the nature of the surface and the weather (minimum 3 weeks in summer and up to 3 months in winter)
- New concrete should be allowed to mature for several months before coating
- Recommended application between March and October
Initial play on the surface:
- After spraying, courts are usually left for one week before play recommences
- At the beginning and towards the end of the summer season when temperatures are cooler it is advisable to extend this period by a few days depending on the prevailing weather
- Optimum slip resistance is only achieved between two and three weeks after spraying - this is because the court surface must bed in with use
- To maintain the slip resistance of the Line Marking Paint it should be regularly maintained and moss treated
- Do not apply salt or de-icer when surface is frozen
- Correct footwear must be worn
- Clean all equipment immediately with water after use
- Up to 12 months if stored correctly in an unopened container
- Store above 5°C
- Keep out of reach of children
- In case of contact with eyes wash immediately with plenty of water
- Remove splashes from skin with soap and water or a recognised hand cleaner
- Protect from freezing
- Do not use near fishponds
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Concrete, Bituminous Surfaces
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 5L, 20L
- Touch Dry
- Surface dry in 1–2 hours, re-coatable when dry. Avoidpainting when rain is expected or under poor dryingconditions – below 5°C.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!