Remmers PC 2K 45
Remmers PC 2K 45 (formerly Repair Mortar LW EP 2K) is a two-component, light-weight mortar for concrete repairs. It is especially for the repair of filigree building elements that have been damaged by steel corrosion.
- Repairing non-structural concrete building elements
- Rapid repair of small, isolated areas of damage
- Lightweight, high-strength reproductions and copies of figures, balusters, cornices and other profiled elements
- Restoration and repair of natural stone
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Remmers PC 2K 45 (formerly Repair Mortar LW EP 2K) is a two-component, light-weight mortar for concrete repairs. It is especially for the repair of filigree building elements that have been damaged by steel corrosion. Also for fast repairs of individual, small-surfaced defects as well as broken off edges.
Light-weight, high strength reproductions and copies of figures, balusters, cornices and other profiled elements, such as for example reliefs, can also be produced with PC 2K 45. It can also be used for the restoration and repair of natural stone.
Features & Benefits
- Can be worked overhead
- Excellent adhesion in combination with Bonding Agent
- Allows quick continuation of work through short hardening time
- Low density
- Can be feathered out to nearly 0mm
- Low-tension, shrink-free hardening
- Reliable protection of reinforcement steel even with little coverage
- Greater layer thicknesses in one working operation are possible
- Water impermeable as of 5mm layer thickness
- Can be worked over with Fine Repair Mortar
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- Application Method
- Trowel, Float
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Base Type
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 70 mins
- Max. Application Temperature
- 25 °C
- Min. Application Temperature
- 8 °C
- 0.93 g/cm³
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 24 months
|Andy Steele on 2019-01-02 12:24:45|| |
I have an Indian sandstone courtyard was laid on a full wet mortar bed (approx 75mm - 100mm of 5:1, on top of 50mm type1 sub base). The pointing was done at same time of laying the paving using the same bedding mix, so it is one solid bed/pointing structure. Unfortunately, for a few of the joints, I scraped out the mixer and inadvertently used a weaker sandier mix to finish off the top 5mm of some of the pointing. This has lead to some of the top 5mm breaking out and looking unsightly. Although, whilst unsightly, the pointing below is very solid. Do you have anything that I can top up this missing 5mm please?
Remmers Repair Mortar LW EP 2K should work OK for this application but you will need to first prime Remmers Bonding Layer EP 2K. Ensure joints are thoroughly dry before starting.