Thermoguard Thermoproof Exterior Fluid
Thermoguard Thermoproof Exterior Fluid is a penetrating fire proof fluid for bare wood such as sleepers, fencing, cladding and decking. The weather resistant, water-based, non flammable formula enables safe application by untrained and inexperienced users.
Thermoguard Thermoproof Exterior Fluid is a penetrating fire proof fluid for wood.
Fire protection for bare timber sleepers, fencing, cladding and decking.
Durable clear fire and flame resistant fluid for external and internal wood. Weather resistant. Water-based, non flammable formula enables safe application by untrained and inexperienced users.
How it Works
Penetrates deep into porous wood. When exposed to fire Thermoguard Thermoproof Exterior Fluid creates an inert layer within the wood’s surface which insulates the wood from fire, preventing flamespread.
UKAS Fire Test Standards
- BS EN Class B s2 dO
- Class O
For 30 or 60 mins contact Technical Dept.
- Apply at 3.5m² per litre. Normally applied in 3 coats @ 10.5m² per litre but can be applied in 2 coats at 7m² per litre on very porous rough sawn wood.
- Ensure each application has fully soaked in before applying the next. Allow a minimum of 2 hours between applications.
- Apply to small test patch prior to main application.
19m² per 5L / 76m² per 20L
Brush, Roller, Spray.
- Apply to dry wood (below 18% moisture) above 5°C in dry conditions prior to painting or waterproofing. Where possible wait until the wood has thoroughly dried out before fixing.
- Allow adequate time for the wood to dry out after treatment before applying any coating.*
*Contact the Technical Department.
Limitations (Stained, Varnished or Painted Wood)
- For treatment with Thermoguard Thermoproof Exterior Fluid to be effective it needs to be able to penetrate the wood.
- Remove any water resistant coating, sealer coat, waxy feel, glossy sheen, or waterproofing effect created by a previous treatment or preparation before application.
Project Fire Certification
Thermoguard issue a Certificate of Supply on request for projects for insurance, Fire and Building Control Authority and Client Records.
New Fire Regulations & Tests Explained
- The new fire standard BS EN test lasts 20 mins. with airflow replaces the old BS 476 tests which lasted 10 mins and strangely restricted airflow.
- The new standard for flamespread and heat release Class B replaces Class O.
The new BS EN tests also monitor -
- Smoke & Gas “s” – s1 + s2 are none or very low & compliant, s3 = moderate smoke, s4 = heavy smoke.
- Flaming Droplets or Airborne particulates – dO is none, d1 = low, d2 = moderate, d3 = high levels.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close