Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant (SFR) Dualcoat is for use over Thermoguard Timbercoat. ADVANTAGES Topcoat and maintenance paint for timber surfaces protected with Thermoguard Timbercoat Controls surface spread of flames and fire propagation Total smoke control BS EN Class B s1 d0 and BS Class 1 and Class 0 (as part of a complete...
Thermoguard Timbercoat is a durable fire protection paint for interior and exterior timber surfaces:
- Meets new Fire Regulations standard:
- BS EN Class B s1 d0, BS Class 1
- Class O Surface Spread of Flame
- Can also achieve 30 & 60 minutes Fire Resistance in certain instances
- Expands to create a barrier, insulating wood from heat and oxygen
- Certificate of Supply available on request
Shipping Options (Select at Checkout):
Fire Protection and Decoration of Wood in Buildings
Thermoguard Timbercoat is a durable, wear, weather and wash resistant fire protection paint for decorative interior and exterior timber surfaces. Thermoguard Timbercoat meets new Fire Regulations standard BS EN Class B s1 d0 and complies with British Standard Class 1 and Class O Surface Spread of Flame. Thermoguard Timbercoat can also achieve 30 & 60 minutes Fire Resistance in certain instances, see Thermoguard Timbercoat 30 & 60 Minute System.
Intumescent and Water Vapour Action
When exposed to fire:-
- Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat releases a vapour to suppress toxic gasses & prevent flamespread.
- Thermoguard Timbercoat expands to create a barrier, insulating wood from heat and oxygen to prevent wood burning & fire penetration
Finish, Colours, Spread Rate and Pack Sizes
- Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat is available in Matt or Eggshell finish in White, BS 4800, BS 381C, RAL and NCS colours (not metallic or fluorescent shades)
- Timbercoat is available in White Matt as standard but can be tinted to undercoat shades if required
- Timbercoat and Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat are sold in 20m² and 80m² cans
Specification & Application
Prepare & apply according to manufacturer’s instructions
- 1 coat of Thermoguard Timbercoat
- 1 coat* of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat
*Apply 2 coats of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat for external or damp areas. 2 coats may also be required for strong/dark colours - To aid topcoat opacity Thermoguard Timbercoat can be tinted to undercoat shades if required at no extra cost - please call if required.
For 30 & 60 minute protection please see Thermoguard Timbercoat 30 & 60 Minute System.
For fire protection to doors, see Fire Door Upgrade Kits
Application to OSB/Sterling Board
This is a board made of chips of wood glued together to form a hard non-decorative board. If it needs fire coating, Thermoguard Fire Varnish or Timbercoat System can be applied to it. However we first recommend a test is carried out by applying a small amount of the proposed coating to the board to check for "cessing" / "cissing" (where coating gathers together in lumps and may leaving bare patches between). If this occurs the board should be degreased/cleaned and allowed to dry before testing again - if this still does not provide a satisfactory application please contact our Technical Team for further advice on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected].
UKAS Fire Test Standards
- BS EN Class B s1 d0
- BS Class 1 and Class 0
Project Fire Certification
We issue a Certificate of Supply on request for projects for insurance, Fire and Building Control Authority and Client Records.
- Surfaces should be free of contamination, sound, clean and dry.
- Thoroughly abrade knotting, gloss, hard or smooth paints. Check adhesion of any existing coatings.
- Unknown coatings or old fire coatings – contact our Technical Department on 0113 2455450.
- Apply to dry wood in dry conditions.
- Max. timber moisture content 18%.
- Max. relative humidity 70%.
- Min. temp 5°C and 2°C above dewpoint.
- Protect from rain until 1st coat of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat is dry.
NEW Fire Regulations and Tests Explained
- The new fire standard BS EN test lasts 20 minutes with airflow replaces the old BS 476 tests which lasted 10 minutes and restricted airflow.
- The new standard for flamespread and heat release Class B replaces Class O.
The new BS EN tests also monitor -
- Smoke & Gas “s” – s1 + s2 are none or very low & compliant levels, s3 moderate , s4 high smoke.
- Flaming Droplets or Airborne particulates – dO is none, d1 some, d2 + d3 moderate > high levels.
Durable & Eco Friendly
Thermoguard Timbercoat & Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat are water based, user and environment friendly.
Products are manufactured under ISO 9001.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Supplied in pre-measured packs to apply 1 coat to 20m² or 80m²
- Touch Dry
- 4 hours
|Jack miller on 2020-03-02 22:24:19|| |
Hi Does this need a special primer or top coat? Or is it a one coat system?
This is one part of a two part system and does require the appropriate topcoat. Please see Thermoguard Timbercoat BS Class 1/0 & EN Class B System or Thermoguard Timbercoat 30 & 60 Minute System.
|Sally on 2018-07-01 12:41:11|| |
Can Themaguard paints be over painted with Farrow And Ball or other speciality paint?
Ideally Thermoguard want the topcoat of their system to remain the final finish as they can be produced in a wide range of finishes and colours (including colour matches). However, in certain instances if required Thermoguard do allow their systems to be over painted with a conventional decorative topcoat over their FULL system. Thermoguard would want their complete system applying, including their recommended topcoat in the nearest colour available and then (with their approval on your specific project) a like for like conventional topcoat can be applied - i.e. if you have used Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat Eggshell as your finish then you use an acrylic eggshell as a finish in the conventional decorative topcoat. Prior approval must be sought for this from our Technical Department before proceeding.
|Karen on 2018-05-01 06:30:34|| |
Can this product be used as a topcoat over pre painted pressurised decking already painted with sadolin decking paint
No, Thermoguard Timbercoat is cannot be used on floor surfaces which will receive traffic.
|Alan Smith on 2018-02-24 10:54:09|| |
Can Thermoguard be applied over Dulux Weathershield paint If so are there any special precautions required
Thermoguard Timbercoat can be applied over existing coatings in instances where surfaces are free of contamination, sound, clean and dry. Adhesion of the existing coating has been checked and found to be adequate and the coating is not unknown or another fire coating. Thoroughly abrade knotting, gloss, hard or smooth paints to provide a key before application. If in doubt, please contact our Technical Department before use.
|phill clarke on 2018-02-04 17:41:05|| |
can it be used on mdf
Yes, MDF has a smooth and a coarse face, if coating the smooth face thoroughly abrade to provide a suitable key before application.
|Brian on 2015-05-28 18:32:32|| |
Using Thermoguard Timbercoat (3 coats plus colour top coat) how long between coats ? Spec says touch dry 4 hrs but not for between coats.
Touch dry time is 4 hours, overcoat time is 6 hours. Based on good drying conditions at 20°C.
Thermoguard Timbercoat 30 and 60 Minute System is a coloured intumescent paint system for interior and exterior timber surfaces. Each pack contains the correct amount of basecoat (Timbercoat) and topcoat (Smoke and Flame Retardant Dualcoat) to ensure protection is achieved inline with the manufacturers recommendations to the respective area in...