Hydron Nu-Steel SP Mordant Wash
Nu-Steel SP Mordant Wash is ideal for many situations where metal needs to be prepared to allow paints and coatings to properly adhere.
- For use on Zinc and Galvanised steel
- Single pack wash
- Allows best possible coating/paint adhesion
- Supplied in 5 Litres
- 15m²/Litre coverage
Nu-Steel SP Mordant Wash is an acidic solution of a copper salt for the pretreatment of clean zinc galvanised steel surfaces, so as to provide a good key for paints which would otherwise show poor adhesion. Using this wash, which comes as a blue liquid, will provide a good base in which to allow coatings to properly adhere. Think of it as washing the metal down before you coat it, except this wash allows for the best possible adhesion, therefore reducing any unnecessary costs to your project.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Bridge - Lydlinch Bridge in Dorset is one such bridge made of galvanised steel. After an inspection 55 years after it was built, the Galvanisers Association reported in 1999 the steel was in excellent condition with no signs of rust on any members after 55 years of service. Although only originally intended to be a temporary bridge during WWII, it's still in use today.
- Industrial factory - Because of the strength of galvanised steel, it has many uses in industry. It can also be used as sheet cladding to protect the exterior walls and give it a flat or symmetrically-patterned appearance.
Features & Benefits
- Allows best possible coating/paint adhesion.
- Single pack wash.
- Supplied in 5 Litre units.
- 15m²/Litre coverage.
- 12-month shelf life.
For use on Zinc and Galvanised steel. Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, free from contamination and dry. Previously coated surfaces should be abraded.
May be applied by brush/roller. Should not be applied at temperatures below 5°C or when the relative humidity exceeds 85%. All equipment should be cleaned with T3 Thinners.
Store away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. Protect from frost.
- For Use On
- Zinc, Galvanized Steel
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Touch Dry
- 1-2 Hours
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!