Jotun Penguard Pro
Jotun Penguard Pro is a two component amine cured epoxy coating that is a surface tolerant, fast drying, high solids, high build product specially designed as a universal, all round, all year, new construction coating.
This Jotun Paints product can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments.
Jotun Penguard Pro is a two component amine cured epoxy coating that is a surface tolerant, fast drying, high solids, high build product specially designed as a universal, all round, all year, new construction coating where fast dry to handle times are required. Can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, galvanised steel and thermally sprayed zinc substrates. It can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures.
Jotun Penguard Pro is suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to very high and immersed. Recommended for offshore environments, including splash zones, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings and mining equipment. Specially designed as a universal product in coating systems where extended durability is required. The product provides great flexibility in choice of dry film thickness range as well as area of use and application temperatures.
Approvals and certificates
- Pre-qualification testing in acordance with NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1, suitable for exterior exposure in offshore environment, below 120°C.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- A universal product in coating systems where extended durability is required
- Provides great flexibility in choice of dry film thickness - 100 to 500 microns
- All year around - can be applied at sub-zero surface temperature
- Fast dry to recoat
- Fast dry to handle
- Designed for protection in severe corrosive environments
Multi-purpose / universal coating reduces the number of coatings needed
- In atmospheric and immersed conditions
- Wide dry film thickness range
- 100 to 500 microns
- All surfaces – steel, galvanised and aluminium
- Blast cleaning to min. Sa 2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007)
- For previously coated surfaces UHPWJ to WJ2 (NACE No.5/SSPC-SP 12
- Power tool cleaning to min. St 2 (ISO 8501-1:2007) may be acceptable, subject to exposure
- Certified in systems for NORSOK system 1 and 7
- Certified for application in water ballast tanks at newbuilding stage in accordance with PSPC (IMO Res. MSC 82/W)
- For application down to -5°C
- Fast dry-to-recoat and fast-to-handle
- Good spreading rate
- Low VOC
Ultra High Pressure Water Jetting has become an effective surface pre-treatment method in new building and new construction situations. Penguard Pro is based on a new in-house developed technology giving the coating superior adhesion, also to UHPJ surfaces. Penetration properties of Jotun Penguard Pro are far better than traditional new construction coatings.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Typical Coverage (per coat)||5m² per litre|
|Touch Dry||3 hours|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Spray|
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close