Teamac Zinc Phosphate Primer, an anticorrosive primer on iron and steel, for use with a range of conventional topcoats such as Teamac Marine Gloss and Teamac Metalcote Plant Enamel. Can be used for: Marine purposes Fire escapes Fetal gates Metal garage doors Ideal in coastal areas Click to jump down to Technical Data Coverage...
Teamac Rust Converter
Teamac Rust Converter, is an excellent product to stop the rusting process and allow rusty surfaces to be overcoated:
- Easy to apply, and ideal for marine and industrial applications
- Can be applied to rust in existing damp conditions
- Suitable for rusted iron or steel
- Application by brush, roller or airless spray
- To be overcoated with a primer or topcoat
- For interior/exterior use
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Teamac Rust Converter, is a fast drying, modified alkyd, general use primer/undercoat for metal. Can be used as a fast drying primer/undercoat for metal fabrications. Ideal for use with other Teamac Rapidry topcoats.
How do rust converters work?
Rust converters work by 'converting' rust into a stable surface for primers or topcoats to be applied to achieve an aesthetically pleasing finish, without the risk of the underlying surface rust expanding or causing further damage to the iron or steel surface/substrate. It is extremely popular within the marine sector, due to it being able to be applied to damp surfaces which are difficult to completely dry or fully remove the rust that needs treating.
Suitable for interior and exterior use within offshore environments, such as within the North Sea Oil Fields of the UK, it can also be used in commercial and domestic environments.
Initially milky / white when being applied and will appear Navy / Black when treatment is complete.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Film Thickness Range And Coverage
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Preceeding Coat
- Subsequent Coat
- Application Conditions
- Application Methods
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply, and ideal for marine and industrial applications.
- Can be applied to rust in existing damp conditions.
- Suitable for rusted iron or steel.
- Application by brush, roller or airless spray.
- To be overcoated with a primer or topcoat.
- For interior/exterior use.
|VOC Content||24 g/litre|
|SG||1.2 @ 20°C|
|Viscostity||N/A @ 25°C|
Film Thickness Range And Coverage
|Dry Film Thickness||Wet Film Thickness||Theoretical Coverage|
|Maximum||25 to 30 μm||100 μm||10 m2/litre @ 25 - 30 micron D.F.T.|
The practical spreading rate may be lower as this depends on factors such as the porosity and roughness of the surface to be painted and material losses during application.
|Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%|
|Touch Dry:||4 Hours|
|Dry To Handle:||8 Hours|
|Dry To Recoat:||8 hrs for WB paints, 24 hrs for other paints|
Low temperature and high humidity will adversely affect application, drying and performance of any coating.
- Surfaces should be clean and free from surface dirt, dust and grease.
- Light to medium rusted steelwork must be properly prepared by wire brush or power tools (SSPC SP3) to remove loose millscale and flaky rust or paint, which is not sound or tightly adhered.
- Weathered steel should be high pressure water or wet abrasive blasted to SSPC-SP6. Best results are achieved if some brightmetal (10%) is showing in the rusted area.
- When using Teamac Rust Conveter, always decant into a separate container and never return surplus material to original bottle.
- The product is best applied by brush or deck scrubber to encourage penetration of rusted surfaces.
- Apply direct.
- Stir or shake lightly - Do Not Thin.
- Apply when humidity is between 40 and 90% and the temperature is above 5°C.
- On warmer days it is recommended to damp down warm steel surfaces with a mist of water prior to application.
|Method||Airless Spray||Conventional Spray||Brush||Roller|
- Thinner (Max vol): Do not thin
- Nozzle size: 0.011"
- Nozzle pressure: 1800 to 2000 psi
- Cleaning solvent: Clean Water
Health & Safety
See safety data sheet - SDS 11373 in the attachments section above.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Iron, Steel
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- VOC Levels
- Ultra-Low (5-49 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Suitable Substrates
- Iron and Steel
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- 4 Hours
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 8 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 8 hrs for WB paints, 24 hrs for other paints
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Clean Water
- Compatible Primers
- Teamac Zinc Phosphate Primer
- Solids by Volume
- 24 g/litre
- 0.25 litre, 2.5 litre
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 25 to 30 μm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 μm
Be the first to ask a question about this product!