Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1
Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 is a unique priming and sealing paint for preparing new and damaged drywall, plaster and porous surfaces for painting, wallpapering, texturing and other decorative projects. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates and seals these surfaces to create a sound, water-resistant, trouble-free foundation for painting, wallpapering, texturing and other projects.
Shipping Options (Select at Checkout):
Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 is a unique priming and sealing system for preparing new and damaged drywall (also known as plasterboard, wallboard, sheetrock, gypsum board), plaster and porous surfaces for painting, wallpapering, texturing and other decorative projects.
Damaged drywall, new drywall, filler and joint compound skim coats, plaster, wallpaper, wallcovering adhesive residue, texture paint and chalky, builder’s flat paint are potential problem surfaces for wallcovering and painting because they are porous, moisture sensitive, loose or chalky. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates and seals these surfaces to create a sound, water-resistant, trouble-free foundation for painting, wallpapering, texturing and other projects.
Features & Benefits
- 2 in 1 Primer & Sealer
- For all porous surfaces
- Use with all paints and wallcoverings
- Seals new and damaged drywall
- Protects drywall from subsequent redecoration
- Damaged Drywall – Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 prevents bubbles that form when damaged drywall is skim-coated with filler or joint compound. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates and seals damaged facing paper, restoring it to a sound surface for repairs, suitable for painting or wallcovering.
- New Drywall, Skim Coat & Filler – New gypsum drywall, joint compound and filler are very porous and can make finish coatings appear patchy and uneven. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates and uniformly seals these surfaces, creating a moisture-resistant film that also protects drywall from blistering, tearing and other damage when redecorating in the future.
- Wallpaper Adhesive Residue – Water-based coatings or texture finishes will reactivate old wallpaper adhesive, resulting in cracking and peeling. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 is formulated to completely seal in residual adhesive and prevent the moisture in paint, texture or filler from ruining water-based topcoats and texture finishes.
- Textured Walls and Ceilings – Use Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 to seal textured walls and ceilings before applying all paints. It penetrates soft or crumbly texture material and hardens it, creating a durable, water-resistant barrier that prevents moisture in topcoat primer or paint from softening texture material underneath.
- Pre-Wallcovering Primer – Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates, seals, sizes and protects drywall facing paper and skim coat, providing a properly sealed surface for new wallcovering. At redecorating time, Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 protects the surface of the drywall when the old wallcovering is stripped off.
- Builder’s Flat Paint – Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates chalky, builder’s flat paint and binds it to the wall, providing water-resistant protection from paint, wallcovering and texture finishes.
Surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free of dust, dirt, excessive chalky material, grime, grease, oil, wax, mould, excessive wallpaper adhesive or any contamination that may interfere with adhesion. If unsure, always wash surface with Zinsser Universal Degreaser & Cleaner, or an appropriate cleaning solution, or solvent. Remove any unsoundly adhered coatings. Sand any remaining paint film edges smooth with the surface. Remove interior mould with Zinsser Mould Killer & Remover. Countersink exposed nail heads, spot-prime and fill all nail holes and gouges with a filling compound. Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960 paint surfaces as they may contain harmful lead. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. For best results remove loose wallcovering and residual wallcovering adhesive using Zinsser DIF Concentrate Wallpaper Stripper. Seal stains with a suitable Zinsser stain-killing primer-sealer. Cut away loose or torn drywall facing paper or sand back with 80 grit sandpaper until a sound area is reached. If drywall is gouged, remove loose pieces of gypsum core. Skim coated or filled areas should be sanded smooth using 100 grit sandpaper.
Stir well before using. Do not thin. Using a brush, medium nap roller or airless spray. If spraying use tip size 0.015”-0.019” at 2000 – 2500psi. Apply Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 liberally to the surface to ensure good penetration. Do not over-apply or coating will sag. If this happens, back-roll the area to even out the film. Properly sealed surfaces should have a uniform sheen. Reapply to areas that have been missed or not sufficiently coated. Apply when temperature is above 10°C. Close container after each use.
Dries to touch in 30 minutes. Porous surfaces that have been sealed with Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 are ready for finish coating or wallpapering after 3 hours.
Approximately 9 - 11m² per litre depending upon porosity of the surface and method of application. Textured or skim coated surfaces will be very absorbent and may require a second coat.
Clean tools and any spills or splatters with soap and warm water before product dries. Dried product must be soaked with warm, soapy water and scrubbed. Rinse well with water. Follow manufacturer’s directions to clean sprayer equipment. KEEP PRODUCT FROM FREEZING.
Tips for Repairing Damaged Drywall
- Step 1 – After stripping off wallcovering, remove any loose facing paper by cutting back to sound areas with a razor knife or sanding off using 80 grit paper. To locate invisible bubbles and blisters tap on surface of wall with a fingernail – a flat, hollow sound indicates that the facing paper has separated. Cut into the sound paper around the bubbled area with a razor knife and pull off the damaged paper toward the cut for a clean, sound edge.
- Step 2 – Apply Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 liberally with a brush, medium nap roller or sprayer. If the facing paper blisters, cut out the blister and reapply product to exposed paper. Allow at least 3 hours dry time.
- Step 3 – After Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 has completely dried, apply skim coat or filler to achieve a smooth, uniform surface and allow to dry completely before sanding. Remove all dust.
- Step 4 – Seal in skim coated and filled area with a final coat of Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1. When dry, apply paint, wallcovering or texture finish.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Drywall, Skim Coat, Filler, Plaster, Wallpaper, Textured Walls, Textured Ceilings, Wallpaper Adhesive Residue, Builders Flat Paint
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- VOC Levels
- Ultra-Low (5-49 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 5L, 10L
- 10m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 30 mins
Be the first to ask a question about this product!