Mathys Fixonal is a fixating, clear varnish to strengthen all porous or chalking substrates prior to painting. Reinforces the adhesion of the new coat on the old paint and also makes it more flexible. Fixing and reinforcing Alkali resistant Quick drying Flexible
Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1
Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 is a unique priming and sealing paint for preparing new and damaged drywall, plaster and porous surfaces for painting, wallpapering, texturing and other decorative projects. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates and seals these surfaces to create a sound, water-resistant, trouble-free foundation for painting, wallpapering, texturing and other projects.
Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 is a unique priming and sealing system for preparing new and damaged drywall (also known as plasterboard, wallboard, sheetrock, gypsum board), plaster and porous surfaces for painting, wallpapering, texturing and other decorative projects.
Damaged drywall, new drywall, filler and joint compound skim coats, plaster, wallpaper, wallcovering adhesive residue, texture paint and chalky, builder’s flat paint are potential problem surfaces for wallcovering and painting because they are porous, moisture sensitive, loose or chalky. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates and seals these surfaces to create a sound, water-resistant, trouble-free foundation for painting, wallpapering, texturing and other projects.
Features & Benefits
- 2 in 1 Primer & Sealer
- For all porous surfaces
- Use with all paints and wallcoverings
- Seals new and damaged drywall
- Protects drywall from subsequent redecoration
- Damaged Drywall – Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 prevents bubbles that form when damaged drywall is skim-coated with filler or joint compound. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates and seals damaged facing paper, restoring it to a sound surface for repairs, suitable for painting or wallcovering.
- New Drywall, Skim Coat & Filler – New gypsum drywall, joint compound and filler are very porous and can make finish coatings appear patchy and uneven. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates and uniformly seals these surfaces, creating a moisture-resistant film that also protects drywall from blistering, tearing and other damage when redecorating in the future.
- Wallpaper Adhesive Residue – Water-based coatings or texture finishes will reactivate old wallpaper adhesive, resulting in cracking and peeling. Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 is formulated to completely seal in residual adhesive and prevent the moisture in paint, texture or filler from ruining water-based topcoats and texture finishes.
- Textured Walls and Ceilings – Use Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 to seal textured walls and ceilings before applying all paints. It penetrates soft or crumbly texture material and hardens it, creating a durable, water-resistant barrier that prevents moisture in topcoat primer or paint from softening texture material underneath.
- Pre-Wallcovering Primer – Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates, seals, sizes and protects drywall facing paper and skim coat, providing a properly sealed surface for new wallcovering. At redecorating time, Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 protects the surface of the drywall when the old wallcovering is stripped off.
- Builder’s Flat Paint – Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 penetrates chalky, builder’s flat paint and binds it to the wall, providing water-resistant protection from paint, wallcovering and texture finishes.
Surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free of dust, dirt, excessive chalky material, grime, grease, oil, wax, mould, excessive wallpaper adhesive or any contamination that may interfere with adhesion. If unsure, always wash surface with Zinsser Universal Degreaser & Cleaner, or an appropriate cleaning solution, or solvent. Remove any unsoundly adhered coatings. Sand any remaining paint film edges smooth with the surface. Remove interior mould with Zinsser Mould Killer & Remover. Countersink exposed nail heads, spot-prime and fill all nail holes and gouges with a filling compound. Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960 paint surfaces as they may contain harmful lead. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. For best results remove loose wallcovering and residual wallcovering adhesive using Zinsser DIF Concentrate Wallpaper Stripper. Seal stains with a suitable Zinsser stain-killing primer-sealer. Cut away loose or torn drywall facing paper or sand back with 80 grit sandpaper until a sound area is reached. If drywall is gouged, remove loose pieces of gypsum core. Skim coated or filled areas should be sanded smooth using 100 grit sandpaper.
Stir well before using. Do not thin. Using a brush, medium nap roller or airless spray. If spraying use tip size 0.015”-0.019” at 2000 – 2500psi. Apply Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 liberally to the surface to ensure good penetration. Do not over-apply or coating will sag. If this happens, back-roll the area to even out the film. Properly sealed surfaces should have a uniform sheen. Reapply to areas that have been missed or not sufficiently coated. Apply when temperature is above 10°C. Close container after each use.
Dries to touch in 30 minutes. Porous surfaces that have been sealed with Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 are ready for finish coating or wallpapering after 3 hours.
Approximately 9 - 11m² per litre depending upon porosity of the surface and method of application. Textured or skim coated surfaces will be very absorbent and may require a second coat.
Clean tools and any spills or splatters with soap and warm water before product dries. Dried product must be soaked with warm, soapy water and scrubbed. Rinse well with water. Follow manufacturer’s directions to clean sprayer equipment. KEEP PRODUCT FROM FREEZING.
Tips for Repairing Damaged Drywall
- Step 1 – After stripping off wallcovering, remove any loose facing paper by cutting back to sound areas with a razor knife or sanding off using 80 grit paper. To locate invisible bubbles and blisters tap on surface of wall with a fingernail – a flat, hollow sound indicates that the facing paper has separated. Cut into the sound paper around the bubbled area with a razor knife and pull off the damaged paper toward the cut for a clean, sound edge.
- Step 2 – Apply Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 liberally with a brush, medium nap roller or sprayer. If the facing paper blisters, cut out the blister and reapply product to exposed paper. Allow at least 3 hours dry time.
- Step 3 – After Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1 has completely dried, apply skim coat or filler to achieve a smooth, uniform surface and allow to dry completely before sanding. Remove all dust.
- Step 4 – Seal in skim coated and filled area with a final coat of Zinsser Drywall Pro 2 in 1. When dry, apply paint, wallcovering or texture finish.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 10m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 30 mins
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Coo-Var Alkali Resisting Primer Sealer is ideal as a high quality primer prior to painting. It is resistant to solvents and salts. It is excellent on walls and plaster, with easy application. Product Details Interior/Exterior use Resistant to solvents Resistant to salts Combats varying degrees of porosity Matt finish
Sikagard 551 S Elastic Primer is a primer for very dense or porous concrete surfaces or difficult application conditions. It is a one component solvented primer for Sikagard 550 W Elastic, Sikagard 545 W Elastofill and Sikagard 675 W ElastoColor. Features and Benefits: Deep penetration Water vapour permeable Surface strengthening
Rust-Oleum Mathys Pegalink Universal Adhesion Primer is a water based primer for indoor and outdoor use. Adheres to many surfaces: wood, gypsum, cement, bricks and especially on smooth and difficult to adhere to surfaces like: galvanised steel, copper, zinc, polycarbonate, hard PVC, Pegagraff Hydro, etc. Excellent adhesion Flexible...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Primer 44 HS has a large fixation capacity for stabilising loose particles and improving the adherence of subsequent topcoats. Features and Benefits Unsaponifiable Good UV resistance Excellent fixation on roofs Very flexible Chlorinated rubber technology, solvent-based Quickly water-resistant (1 hour after...
Coo-Var Masonry Stabiliser is a binding and sealing solution for degraded and porous masonry. To be used prior to painting to ensure the surface is sufficiently prepared. Product information Suitable Surfaces: Brick, Plaster, Screed Application: Brush or roller Drying time: Touch Dry 2 hours or 12 hours hard dry Overcoat...
Sika Primer 215 is a low viscosity primer that should be used to prime various plastics, timber and other porous materials prior to bonding with Sikaflex products. Because plastics vary so much in their chemical composition, preliminary trials are necessary. It is manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001 / 14001 quality assurance system and...
Coo-Var Tile and Melamine Primer is an ideal primer for tile and melamine surfaces prior to painting. Product features Ideal for use in kitchens and bathrooms. Tiled surfaces. Most paints will adhere to this coating, water or oil based. Apply with brush or roller.
Mathys Pegaflex is an acrylic levelling filler for indoor and outdoor use on vertical and overhead surfaces requiring small/fine repairs. High flexibility and elasticity Excellent adhesion on all sound substrates and paints Perfect alkali resistant Not affected by ageing thus keeping its original flexibility Sufficiently hard, but can...
Sikagard 552 W Aquaprimer is one component water dispersed adhesion promoting primer for water dispersed polymer paint coatings. It is part of a system that complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 as protective coating: Priming coat for concrete and dense mineral substrates like fibre cement, aerated concrete, gypsum and smoothing...
A unique water-based sealer for porous and potential problem surfaces. Gardz® is formulated to deeply penetrate and dry to a hard, moisture resistant film that seals and binds down porous, chalky and crumbling surfaces, paints and textured finishes.
Zinsser Peel Stop Primer is a clear coating to help prevent peeling, flaking, cracking, dusting or chalking. ADVANTAGES Internal/external use Glues down edges of old coatings Recoatable in 2 hours Seals and bridges cracking and crazing Binds chalky surfaces Flexible/Breathable Easy to use Easy to clean
Blackfriar Acrylic Primer Undercoat is an all-in-one, quick drying primer and undercoat for use on a wide range of substrates including wood, masonry, dry plaster and cement. Provides excellent opacity and adhesion. Product Features Quick drying. Interior and exterior use. All-in-one primer and undercoat. Excellent opacity. Excellent...
Coo-Var Stain Lock is a sprayable, water based coating designed to block out difficult stains and odours. It is a multi-surface primer / sealer. It is water based and sprayable, making it suitable for domestic use. Product Features Gives excellent coverage to a multitude of stains Helps to prevent bleeding through the finishing coat. A...
Eagle Quick-Drying Bitumen Primer provides a key on substrates for all bituminous roof paints and surface coatings, applying by brush or sprayer, and requires no thinning. Use on substrates and surfaces that include: Fast-drying - 3-4 hours Ready for use 6 -10m² per litre coverage Suitable for use with all bituminous surface coatings...
Rust-Oleum 3333 Super Adhesion Primer provides excellent adhesion on non-porous, dense mineral substrates like: Tiles or power floated concrete Non-ferrous metals like stainless steel, aluminium or new hot-dip galvanized steel Thermosetting plastics like fibreglass-reinforced polyester or epoxy Perfect chemical bond without blasting or...