Rust-Oleum Hard Hat 2500 Transparent Protection is a non-yellowing transparent protecting coating that can be applied over various Rust-Oleum products, old fading coatings or directly onto many surfaces like aluminium, brass, bronze, chrome, copper to provide increased durability, exterior performance, gloss level and cleanability....
Rust-Oleum Hard Hat 2115 Aluminium
Rust-Oleum Hard Hat 2115 Aluminium offers a metallic appearance and durable protection - to be applied over Rust-Oleum Hard Hat Primers or properly prepared painted substrates. Heat resistant up to 100°C, ideal for maintenance and touch-up jobs in industrial environments.
- Gloss or sparkling metallic appearance
- To restore the metallic look of many different objects
- For use on bare metal, galvanised, zinc primers or anti-rust primers
Rust-Oleum Hard Hat 2115 Aluminium
Rust-Oleum Hard Hat 2115 Aluminium provides a metallic appearance and durable protection over Rust-Oleum Hard Hat Primers or properly prepared painted substrates; that can then be over coated if required with Rust-Oleum 2500 Transparent Protection. Ideal for maintenance and touch-up jobs in industrial environments.
Features & Benefits
- Metallic spray: nice finish, good protection
- For bare metal and galvanised steel
- Usable as topcoat on zinc primers and galvanised
- Finish with transparent topcoat for the best result
- Ideal for machinery, pumps, toolboxes, etc.
- Heat-resistant up to 100°C
|Heat Resistance:||100°C (dry heat)|
|Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%|
|Dry To Touch:||15 minutes|
|Dry To Handle:||30 minutes|
|Dry to Recoat:||Within 1 hour or after 48 hours|
|Fully Cured:||3 days|
2.5 m² per spray can at 25 µm dry (1.5 m² for 2115 and 2119)
Further application recommendations and instructions can be found on the product data sheet.
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
Remove dirt, grease, oil, loose rust and all other surface contaminants by appropriate means. Prime or spot prime with the recommended RUST-OLEUM Primers. Sand intact coatings to provide a proper key for adhesion. The surface must be clean and dry during application.
For good results the relative humidity shall be below 85% and the temperature of the can and substrate above 0°C.
Remove cover cap. Shake vigorously for at least one minute after the rattle of mixing ball is heard. Shake frequently during use. Hold can at least 25 cm from surface. Use back and forth motion keeping can parallel with surface. Ensure that can is in motion when spray button is pressed to avoid runs and sags. Apply several thin layers at a few minutes interval to achieve adequate coating thickness. After use turn can upside down and press spray button for 2 - 3 seconds to clean valve.
Bright topcoats may need a light coloured primer/intermediate coat. For a good protection first prime rusty metal surfaces with a primer (Hard Hat 2169/2182). Prime bare or blasted metal with primer 2185 (Hard Hat Cold Galvanising Compound).
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Base Type
- Based on lead- and chromate free pigments
- Key Features
- Gloss or sparkling metallic appearance. To restore the metallic look of many different objects. For use on bare metal, galvanised, zinc primers or anti-rust primers
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 30 minutes
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- Within 1 hour or after 48 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 3 days
- 2.5m² per can
- Unit Contents
- Max. Application Temperature
- relative humidity shall be below 85%
- Min. Application Temperature
- 0 %
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- 100°C (dry heat)
- 842 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 15 Mins
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 25 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 µm
- UN Number
- UN 1950
|Azhar Ali on 2019-02-03 14:46:58|| |
Hi, Is this paint can be used in microwave ovens.