Tikkurila Temachlor 40 is a one-component high-build chlorinated rubber-based paint that can be applied at sub-zero temperatures, as a finishing coat for chlorinated rubber systemsHuge colour selection from RAL, BS & NCS Ideal steel surfaces and structures Good film-building properties Suitable for surfaces exposed to marine or...
Tikkurila Temasil 90
Tikkurila Temasil 90 is a two-component ethyl silicate zinc rich paint. Protective coating with an effect similar to that achieved with galvanizing.
- Can be used as a single coat or as a primer in protective coating systems.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and weathering.
- Offers cathodic protection of steel.
- Can be used on steel surfaces exposed to oil and organic solvents. Its usage areas are e.g. interiors of fuel tanks.
- Withstands dry heat up to +400°C, and as part of systems up to +480°C.
- Temasil 90 is used in environments where extended durability is required.
Tikkurila Temasil 90 is a two-component ethyl silicate zinc rich paint. It offers outstanding resistance to corrosion and abrasion, excellent resistance to high, dry temperatures and it withstands immersion in oils and various solvents.
Temasil 90 is a protective coating with an effect similar to that achieved with galvanizing. It offers cathodic protection for steel. Temasil 90 is used in environments where extended durability is required, such as bridges, pipework, heat exhangers and chemical tanks.
As a single-coat paint, Temasil 90 withstands dry heat up to +400°C, and as part of systems up to +480°C.
Temasil 90 can be used on steel surfaces exposed to oil and organic solvents such as interiors of fuel tanks.
- Features & Benefits
- Technical Data
- Surface Preparation
- Recommended Primers
- Application Conditions
- Mixing Components
- Cleaning Of Equipment
- Health And Safety
- Two-component ethyl silicate zinc rich paint.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion and abrasion.
- As a single-coat paint, Temasil 90 withstands dry heat up to +400°C, and as part of systems up to +480°C.
- Protective coating with an effect similar to that achieved with galvanizing.
- Offers cathodic protection for steel.
- Used in environments where extended durability is required, such as bridges, pipework, heat exhangers and chemical tanks.
- Can be used on steel surfaces exposed to oil and organic solvents such as interiors of fuel tanks.
Volume Solids: 55±2%.
Specific Gravity: 2.0 kg / l (mixed).
- Base - 1 part by volume - Temasil 90
- Hardener - 1 part by volume - 008 7380
Pot Life (23°C): 5 hours.
Recommended Film Thicknesses and Theoretical Coverage:
|Recommended film thicknesses||Theoretical coverage|
Practical coverage depends on the application method, painting conditions and the shape and roughness of the surface to be coated.
|Dust dry, after||30 minutes||15 minutes||10 minutes|
|Touch dry, after||1 hour||30 minutes||15 minutes|
|Recoatable, RH 85%||36 hours||5 hours||2 hours|
|Recoatable, RH 70%||48 hours||24 hours||7 hours|
|Recoatable, RH 50%||-||48 hours||24 hours|
Drying and recoating times are related to the film thickness, temperature, the relative humidity of the air and ventilation.
Colour Shades: Greenish grey.
- Oil, grease, salts and dirt are removed by appropriate means. (ISO 12944-4).
- Blast clean to grade Sa2½–3. (ISO 8501-1)
- The surface profile must be minimum medium (G). (ISO 8503-2).
- Temachlor 40.
- Temacryl AR 50.
- Temacryl EA 50.
- Temacoat GPL-S Primer.
- Temacoat GPL-S MIO.
- Temacoat RM 40.
- Temal 400.
- Temal 600 HB.
- Temacoat SPA 50.
Temasil 90 may be overcoated with above mentioned paints when Thinner 1029 does not dissolve the coat.
Before overcoating it is recommended to spray a misty coat with 25% thinned Temacoat GS 50.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from contamination.
- The temperature of the ambient air and surface should not fall below -15ºC during application and drying.
- Relative humidity of the air should be between 50–90%.
- The surface temperature of steel should remain at least 3°C above the dew point.
- Good ventilation and sufficient air movement is required in confined areas during application and drying.
- First stir base and hardener separately.
- The correct proportions of base and hardener must be mixed thoroughly before use.
- Use power mixer for mixing.
- Insufficient mixing or incorrect mixing ratio will result in uneven drying of the surface and weaken the properties of the coating.
- For airless spraying, the product is thinned approximately 0–5%.
- Recommended nozzle tip is 0.018"–0.021" and pressure 120–180 bar.
- Spray angle shall be chosen according to the shape of the object.
- For brush application product should be thinned according to the circumstances.
- Agitate during application. Separate application instructions available HERE.
When coating interiors of chemical tanks or working in dry conditions, it is recommended to rinse the paint film with fresh water 1–24 hours after application.
Sharp edges, corners, weld seams and other areas difficult to cover properly by spray application should be coated by a brush before the spray application.
Note! There is a risk of mudcracking or peeling with heavier coats than approx. 100µm dry film thickness.
The Volatile Organic Compounds amount is 470 g/litre of paint. VOC content of the paint mixture (thinned 5% by volume) is 480 g/l.
Further information about hazardous influences and protection are detailed in individual health and safety data sheets.
For industrial and professional use only.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Base Type
- Ethyl silicate
- Mixture (See Safety Data Sheet)
- Mixing Ratio
- Key Features
- High heat resistant, resistance to abrasion and weathering
- 6.9 m²/l - 9.2 m²/l
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Thinner 1029
- Compatible Topcoats
- Temachlor 40, Temacryl AR 50, Temacryl EA 50, Temacoat GPL-S Primer, Temacoat GPL-S MIO, Temacoat RM 40, Temal 400, Temal 600 HB, Temacoat SPA 50, Temacoat 50
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- 480 g/l
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 60µm - 80µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 120µm - 160µm
- UN Number
- Dry to Recoat (at 23°C)
- 5h RH 85%, 24h RH 70%, 48h RH 50%
- Touch Dry (at 23°C)
- 30 min
- Base Type
- Suitable For Use On
- Product Type
- Product Range
- Colour Family
- Heat Resistance
- Up To 400°C
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Tikkurila Temasil 90 is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT
Tikkurila Temacoat GPL-S MIO is a two-component, polyamide cured epoxy paint pigmented with micaceous iron oxide, with superior adhesion to steel surfaces forming a very strong and durable film that can be used as a primer or an intermediate coat in aggressive environmentsFast cure and low-temperature cure hardeners available - click to...
Tikkurila Temacoat GPL-S Primer is a two-component, polyamide-cured high build epoxy primer containing zinc phosphate.Excellent adhesion to steel, zinc and aluminium surfaces. Used as a primer or an intermediate coat in paint systems exposed to abrasion and chemical stress. Can be overcoated after a prolonged period of time. Faster...
Tikkurila Temacoat RM 40, a two-component, resin modified epoxy primer/topcoat that can be used as a single-coat system.Good adhesion to steel, zinc and aluminium surfaces exposed to severe abrasion or chemical stress Suitable for concrete surfaces and has a CE marking Can be used on steel structures in wet environments, e.g. inside...
Tikkurila Temacoat SPA 50 is a two-component resin modified epoxy paint that can be applied to steel, zinc and aluminium as an excellent primer, intermediate or finish coat on surfaces exposed to stress and is also suitable as a single-coat system.Rapidly recoatable and ready to handle paint Forms durable film with good mechanical,...
Tikkurila Temacryl AR 50, a physically drying, one-component semi-gloss acrylic based topcoat that can be applied at sub-zero temperatures on surfaces exposed to marine or industrial climates and mild chemical stress.Huge colour range available with RAL, BS & NCS shades Easy to handle in the painting process High film-building...
Tikkurila Temacryl EA 50, a two-component, semi-gloss, non-isocyanate acrylic finish recommended for use as a semigloss topcoat for epoxy systems exposed to weathering and/or chemical stress.Huge colour range - RAL, BS & NCS shades available Excellent weathering and abrasion resistance A durable, non-chalking and easy-to-clean...
Tikkurila Temal 400 is a heat resistant silicone paint. Resistant to temperatures up to +400°C dry heat, Temal 400 is used in cases demanding a heat-resistant product, such as fireplace doors, flues, exhaust pipes, sauna stoves.Recommended for exteriors of steel structures exposed to high temperatures. For industrial use only according to...
Tikkurila Temal 600 HB is a high build silicone aluminium paint which resists dry heat up to +650°C. The paint is used in cases demanding heat-resistant products such as fireplace doors, flues, exhaust pipes, sauna stoves.Can be applied by airless spray equipment. Recommended for exteriors of steel structures exposed to high...
These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools)1 x Rust-Oleum...