Britannia Aquashield Primer is a solvent based primer for very porous and loose/friable surfaces. It ensures the Aquashield topcoat delivers optimum waterproofing performance. Works instantly Vital stabilisation of highly friable/porous surfaces Rainfall immediately after application has no adverse effect Can be brush, roller or spray...
Britannia Aquashield High Build
- Works instantly
- Solvent based
- Rainfall immediately after application has no adverse effect
- Can be applied by brush or roller
- Ideal for bitumen, metal, fibreglass, porous and non-porous roofs, including asbestos cladding
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Britannia Aquashield High Build is a solvent-based waterproofing coat for exterior pitched or flat roofs. The product contains embedded fibres which will will cover up any small gaps and cracks.
Ideal for bitumen, metal, fibreglass, porous and non-porous roofs, including iron, steel, slate, polished brick, concrete and asbestos cladding.
- Features & Benefits
- Spreading Rate
- Drying Times
- Shelf Life & Storage
- Works instantly
- Solvent based
- Rainfall immediately after application has no adverse effect
- Can be brush or roller applied
- Particularly suitable for general maintenance work
- Contains added fibres that interlace to cover up small gaps or cracks
These will vary depending on substrate, the site conditions and longevity required.
Typically spreading rates will vary depending on the end use.
- Between 1 kg – 2 kg per square metre dependent on substrate
- Should be applied at 5°C-25°C
- Up to 6-7 days depending on temperature and thickness of coating
- The product may remain soft for a further period depending on climatic conditions, this is not detrimental to the waterproofing qualities of the product
Not suitable for heavy foot-traffic areas.
Clear all areas of moss, lichen and debris by brushing or power washing and remove surface water and any contamination such as Oil or Grease and allow to dry. Apply Britannia Fungicidal Wash to prevent further fungal/algal growth.
Most roofing substrates to be treated will not normally require priming.
Highly porous/friable surfaces:
- These Surfaces must be jet washed prior to applying the Britannia Aquashield Primer
- Concrete, Concrete and Asbestos Cladding, Sheeting and Guttering should be primed with Britannia Aquashield Primer (see separate technical sheet) prior to over coating with Britannia Aquashield Waterproof Roof Coating
- Fibrous cement corrugated sheeting: two coats of Aquashield Primer must always be applied to this substrate
- Ferrous-new, weathered and previously painted galvanised iron and steel
- Non-Ferrous Metals - Aluminium sheeting & Aluminium Alloy Box gutters and previously painted non-ferrous metals
All these areas should be suitably prepared and primed as appropriate (see separate technical sheet) before application of Britannia Aquashield Waterproof Roof Coating.
- Slate, polished bricks should be power washed abraded and completely dry, free from any contamination to achieve adhesion of the Britannia Aquashield Waterproof Roof Coating
- Discolouration may occur over a new asphalt, tar or bitumen surfaces; therefore an extra coat may be required, for decorative purposes only. Aged bitumen can be liable to crack, therefore further advice must be taken
Previously painted or coated substrates:
- It is good practice to inspect and carry out adhesion tests on any existing coating or substrate pior to application of the coating
Splits, cracks, joints and seals, crazed areas:
- Pay particular attention to clean out any splits/cracks/joints and seals by scraping or brushing off with a stiff bristle brush before applying the Britannia Aquashield Primer. Repair all faults in the surface by using a proprietary filler.
- Repair all faults in the surface with either Britannia’s Reinforcing Scrim in the first of two coats or using a proprietary filler
In areas where excessive movement may occur, additional reinforcement must be incorporated into the coating.
- To the dry and cleaned surface, apply a generous coat of Britannia Aquashield Waterproof Roof Coating by brush, squeegee
- Please follow the Coverage rates shown in Spreading Rate Section
- Apply between 5°C - 25°C
- As dictated by normal good painting practice. In confined spaces, provide adequate ventilation during the application and drying
- For all cleaning use white spirit
- Up to 2 years if stored correctly in an unopened container
- Store in a safe place in accordance with the instructions in section 7 of the relevant MSDS sheet
- Flammable keep away from sources of ignition
- Ensure good ventilation during application
- Wear gloves, goggles and suitable protective clothing
- Over occupied premises during insulation of coatings we would advise keeping windows closed
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- Remove splashes from the skin with a recognised hand cleaner or plenty of soap and water
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use near fishponds
- Harmful to aquatic organisms. May cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environments
- Do not empty into drains
- Interior / Exterior Use
- For Use On
- Iron, Steel, Brick, Concrete, Asbestos, Bitumen, Fibreglass
- Application Method
- Brush, Squeegee
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 1KG, 2.5KG, 5KG, 20KG
- 1-2kg per square metre, dependant on the substrate.
- Touch Dry
- Up to 6-7 days depending on temperature, thickness of coating. The product may remain soft for a further period depending on climatic conditions, this is not detrimental to the waterproofing qualities of the product.
- UN Number
|Raymond James Morrison on 2019-07-20 15:50:25|| |
Hi. I have a bitumen flat roof, it is good condition, however last year I noted thin cracks where appearing along the joint lines and as it is in full sun all day and I wanted to prolong its life I painted it with your Blackfriar Solar reflective paint. Having checked it this year its evident the cracking is again evident and I now thinking the Britannia Aquashield High Build, in solar white, would have been a more suitable product? can I apply this over the Blackfriars?
Please download the Product Data Sheet from the 'Attachments' tab on the Britannia Aquashield High Build product page. This details application to existing coatings and what to do on cracking areas. Should you require any further information please contact our Technical Team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or email [email protected]
|Graham Pye on 2019-03-26 10:39:31|| |
My lead clad bay window window flat roof approx 2.5m x1m has developed a small leak creating a disclouration on the ceiling below approx 10cm x 5 cm. Needless to say I cannot find the cause despite careful examination! The roof albeit old is generally in good condition. Rather than having a completely new lead roof I am considering painting with a waterproofing paint. Which - if any - of your products would you recommend? Many thanks for your help Regards Graham Pye Can you please
The Britannia Durashield system would be our recommendation for aged lead surfaces.
|patrick on 2019-02-22 13:36:44|| |
Hi. I have just had a bitumen flat roof recovered with a torch on mineral felt. Is there anyhing I can paint onto it to prolong it's life.One part of the roof gets a lot of sun and approx 1/2 of it is in the shade and suffers from a lot of moss.
Britannia Aquashield High Build could be used for this in Solar Reflective White, discolouration may occur over a new asphalt, tar or bitumen surfaces; therefore an extra coat may be required, for decorative purposes only.
|gerald corns on 2019-02-11 15:10:25|| |
I have a Garage that I erected myself about 2 years ago since then I have noting but problems with leaks. I tried all sorts of remedy's. My thinking is now to completely cover the whole roof with something. My garage is 17.7 sq mt Can you please advise me of a product that would do this your sincerely G Corns
You haven't said what your roof is - i.e. felt, metal, asbestos, etc. however if it is a substrate that Britannia Aquashield High Build can be applied to as per the product data sheet then this would be a good potential choice.
|Jobn on 2019-02-04 07:42:18|| |
Hi am looking for white waterproofing paint for the top of my land-rover defender 110 would this work. Many thanks John
We're assuming the surfaces you wish to paint are metal, if so Britannia Aquashield High Build can be used on metal surfaces. Be sure to download and read the product data sheet from the product page for full details on preparing and priming metal.
|Daniel Needham on 2018-12-13 22:31:55|| |
Hello, I have a polycarbonate conservatory roof which has flash banding on some parts. Can I use your aqua shield solar paint on these materials assuming they are clean and dry? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
We would recommend Britannia Aquashield Eco for this application.
|Ryan Russell on 2018-12-09 22:48:20|| |
I have a gutter between the 2 seperate pitched rooves of my house. Most is lead coated but the last and lowest 3 metres has been painted with something similar to your product but old and leaking slightly somewhere. Can I just clean, dry and paint over the leaky area with your product or will the old stuff need scraping off completely and starting again? Thanks.
Ideally we would recommend removing the existing coating to reveal the leaking area to enable you to prime, reinforce and coat the area as needed. If however this is not possible then as long as the existing coating is sound, well adhered and compatible then after cleaning Britannia Aquashield High Build could be applied directly.
|Michael Johns on 2018-12-06 16:21:41|| |
Hello, I have a workshop that has a corrugated metal roof some of which is in less than perfect condition, it would be difficult to remove and replace the roof and I am looking at alternative means of waterproofing it. Some of your products look as if they might be suitable, are you able to recommend any thing that might help. regards Michael Johns
After cleaning, assuming it is bare, weathered galvanised steel we would recommend first priming with Britannia One Pack Etch Primer before application of Britannia Aquashield High Build.
Britannia Fungicidal Wash Solution is a powerful cleaner for external hard surfaces such as tiled roofs, walls, timber decking, block paving and cladding. Contols and treats fungal and algal growth prior to painting Water-based Can be brush or spray applied Easy, quick and safe to use More Information **Available for delivery - see...