Envirograf Intershield Flexible Top Coat, part of the Intumescent Coating for Steel & Aluminium Protection range. This chlorinated rubber flame retardant coating complies with BS476 Parts 6 & 7, Class 0 & Class 1 (1987) Spread of flame.
For more information about this product's details, Test Data and Test Results included in manufacturer attachments, please contact our Technical Support team on 0113 245 5450, or send us a message here.
- Ready to use
- Can be applied with brush, roller or sprayer
- Doesn't need thinning
Examples of use:
With tall office buildings like The Shard, Maxim Office Park and Heron Tower becoming more popular in the non-residential market, quick and easy fire protection applications help these structures maintain their load bearing capacity during evacuations.
The cost advantages of steel-framed construction mean more schools, hospitals and council buildings are being built in this way, with multiple floors that have to be covered by fire sprinklers as well as fire protection coatings and systems.
Approximately 8 - 10m² per litre per coat. Two coats required.
Preparation and Application:
All surfaces should be clean, dry and free from contamination.
Intershield Flexible Top Coat is ready for use and does not need thinning. Stir well before application. The result is dependent on the condition of the substrate and temperature of application.
Touch dry – 30 to 60 minutes
Recoat - a minimum of 4 to 6 hours when sprayed, 14 to 16 hours if applied by brush or roller
Hard dry – 24 hours
Tools and Storage:
Clean tools and spillages immediately with white spirit
Keep containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space away from heat. Containers must be kept tightly closed and stored at a minimum temperature of 5°C and a maximum temperature of 35°C.
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. Do not inhale vapour or spray mist.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing including gloves and eye/face protection.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Do not use solvent or thinners.
- If swallowed seek medical advice immediately.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Dispose of this material and container only to a waste collection point dealing in hazardous or
- special waste. Avoid release to the environment.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- 8 - 10m² per litre per coat
- Touch Dry
- 30 to 60 minutes
- Drying time
- Recoat: a minimum of 4 to 6 hours when sprayed, 14 to 16 hours if applied by brush or roller
- Drying time
- Hard dry: 24 hours
Be the first to ask a question about this product!